Thursday, January 11, 2007

Running IE on Linux

If you have time to spare, you may want to look at the IEs4Linux site.

You may want to ask, what is IEs4Linux. Here is the answer I took from the webpage :

IEs4Linux is the simpler way to have Microsoft Internet Explorer running on Linux (or any OS running Wine).

No clicks needed. No boring setup processes. No Wine complications. Just one easy script and you'll get three IE versions to test your Sites. And it's free and open source.

The stable version only supports IE 5, 5.5, and 6. If you want to try IE 7, you may want to take a look at WebExpose article "Internet Explore 7 On Linux" first. IE7 is supported in IEs4Linux beta version. So beware.

If you have tried it, please let me know. Because I don't think I will be running IE on Linux in the near future. I better stick with other browsers. :D

No comments: