Monday, March 26, 2007

Upgrading TrueCrypt

On March 19, 2007, TrueCrypt version 4.3 is released. There are many new features, improvements and bug fixes in this release, so I think it is the time to upgrade my installation.

I downloaded the TrueCrypt package, but they only provide for OpenSUSE 10.2 system. Last time I used the RPM version, it complained about kernel mismatch. But this time it didn't complain.

Unfortunately, I already have TrueCrypt installed from source package. So I need to remove that first before I install the newer version. To make matter worse, the TrueCrypt package doesn't come with uninstaller, I need to read the installer script and reverse the installation process to create an uninstallation script. This uninstalation script is very simple : it will remove three files that have been installed by the installation script.

Without further talk, you can download the uninstaller script here.

To remove your previous TrueCrypt that you compile yourself, just type the following command :

# ./remove-truecrypt.sh

And you're done.

No comments: